Monday 19 November 2012

First taste of Catholic London

Hi,

I have recently moved to the Big smoke and I got my first taste of the Catholic seen in London when I attended the Latin Mass Society's Requiem Mass for deceased members. This was celebrated by Bishop John Arnold at Westminster Cathedral on Saturday 17th November.

What a beautiful celebration of the Holy Sacrifice, complete with the customary Absolutions. Something that was a pleasant surprise was the turnout. The congregation was noticeable with many young Catholics in attendance. Also I happened to meet a gentleman who had travelled all the way from Plymouth just so he could attend the Mass and pray for the departed. Now that's devotion!

At the end of the Mass I was kindly invited by the blogger of Mulier Fortis and some others for a pint in a local pub. I made to feel welcome and it was a great opportunity to meet up with other Catholics who have the same spiritual desires as myself.

A great introduction into Catholic life in London. I hope to make many such blessed discoveries as I continue "roamin in London".

2 comments:

  1. Our son was there and sitting with that gentleman from Plymouth and his wife. You'll probably bump into him at other LMS events in London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that gentleman from my Uni days. It really hit me just what a small world it is. I'm finding here that I'm meeting new people who are friends with old friends of mine.

    ReplyDelete